Today I'm excited to share with you my A True Lady Gift Box that's up on the Graphic 45 blog which features a variety of Staples and Portrait of a Lady collection. My gift box is perfect to put that special gift in to give to that special woman in your life for either Mother's Day or a Birthday. You'll want to make sure to head over to Graphic 45's blog to check out the rest of the photos of my project as well as check out Magda's fabulous project.
Our challenge this month with Graphic 45 was to upcycle something that you may throw out. Upcycling has become a big trend now and it allows you to transform an old piece you may throw out into something beautiful. I hope you enjoy all the photos and are inspired to choose a piece to upcycle at home.
Here's how my gift box started.
Tip: If your box is tight when closing and opening it, adhere washi tape in the corners to help prevent ruining the corners of the patterned paper.
Tip: Add claw feet to the bottom of the box to give it some extra character.
These are just a few of the photos from my A True Lady Gift Box. To see more pictures of my upcycled box, you'll want to head over to Graphic 45's blog.
- Portrait of a Lady 12x12 papers: Isabella, Josephine, Elizabeth, Alexandra, Victoria and Blanche
- Portrait of a Lady Journaling Chipboard and Cardstock Stickers
- Staples: Ornate Metal Label Holder, Washi Tape and Antique Brass Claw Feet
Other Supplies Used:
- Ranger Ink: Walnut Stain Distress Ink and Blending Tool/Foam
- Trim: White Flower Lace
- Liquid Glue
- Sookwang Tape
- Foam Squares and Glue Dots
- Paper Trimmer, Scissors and Edge Distressor