Wednesday, July 27, 2016

UpCycled Letter Tray on the Graphic 45 Blog

Today I'm back on the Graphic 45 blog today with an Up Cycled Letter Tray project featuring the DIY Craft Rolls and the Communique Deluxe Collectors Edition.   You can head over to the Graphic 45 blog to check out the rest of the photos of my project  as well as fellow design team member Elena who has also created an up cycle project.

For this month our second project was creating an Up Cycled  project using the DIY Craft Rolls. Up cycling is a whole new thing for me as I don’t normally do projects like this, but let me tell you, it was a ton of fun to create. One of the fun parts other than actually creating the project is finding the piece that you'll want to work with. So I challenge you to also give it a try and create something out of a piece you really don’t like!

Here is the before photo of my letter tray.


Here is the after photo of my Letter Tray. 


Tip: Be careful when cutting the Craft Rolls, as the paper can rip easily.

Tip: Add claw feet to the bottom of your shadow box to give it extra character.

Tutorial:


Supplies Used:

- DIY Craft Rolls: Quotes & Newsprints, Typography & Type Numbers
- 12x12 Communique Deluxe Collectors Edition
- Staples: Antique Brass Claw Feet
- Distress Ink: Black Soot
- Blending Tool
- Sookwang Tape
- Tombow Glue
- Foam Squares
- Misc: Letter Tray


Thanks for stopping by and make sure to head over to the Graphic 45 blog  to check out the rest of the photos of my project as well as Elena's fabulous project!

-Katelyn


No comments:

Post a Comment