Thursday, June 30, 2016

June Remix Tag - Remember to Play

 It's hard to believe that the end of June is here and I have managed to get my June Tim Tag done.  This month's tag features the Tissue Wrap Collage and Stencil Plaid Techniques. For June's tag I had a ton of fun playing with lots of new products that Tim released at CHA this year. The top favourites from this tag is the Distress Collage Medium in Vintage and the Substrate Sheets. 


I didn't have the die that Tim used on his tag, so I substituted it for the new Gearhead thinlit die. To finish the gears, I added some of the nail heads to the centres of the gears. To highlight the gears, I lightly went around with a Black Soot Distress marker and then rubbed it into the tag.


For the bottom of the tag, I added a saying using the small talk as well as adding the arrow over top of an extra piece of linen fabric I covered with a stencil & ink.


The last piece on my tag was adding a remnant rub and stapling some film ribbon to the right side of the tag to finish it off. 



I have entered my tag here: 

June Remix Tag - Tim Holtz Blog

Supplies Used:

- Ranger Ink/Tim Holtz: Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Distress Ink, Black Soot Distress Marker and Distress Collage Medium - Vintage 
- Ranger Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink, Multi Medium Matte and #8 Manilla Tags
- Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous: Stripes Layering Stencil and Halftones & Rings Stamp
- Tim Holtz/Idea-ology: Tissue Wrap - Plain, Remnant Rubs - Elements, Nail Heads, Film Strip Ribbon, Linen Ribbon, Adornments - Arrows, Small Talk, Handheld Stapler, Textile Surfaces and Substrate Sheets
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix: Gearhead Thinlits

I hope I have inspired you to start playing along with the 12 tags of 2016.
-Katelyn





No comments:

Post a Comment