Thursday, March 31, 2016

March Remix Tag - "Always be on the Lookout"

It's that time of the month for my March "Tim Tag" which I have finished just in time. I'm excited as I have now completed three months in a row!! This year for Tim's 12 tags, it's all about remixing past techniques and combining them together with other techniques that he has shared over the past years. This month's tag features the Textured Surface and Dimensional Dies Technique.  This month I played with a variety of new products and older products from Tim Holtz to create my tag.


I  created the coloured effect on the cardboard tag piece my spritzing Black Soot, Abandoned Coral, Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon and Picket Fence Distress Spray Stains. The colours I chose gave the cardboard tag piece a spring feel.  To get my Butterfly image on the cardboard piece, I used the Detailed Butterflies die.  For the die cut images behind the butterfly, I used the Mixed Media Die from Tim Holtz. I coloured the entire tag that had the die cut images using Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron, Picked Raspberry and Mustard Distress Crayons blending them together with my fingers.


To give my Quote band a bit of life, I took my Picket Fence Distress Crayon and rubbed it overtop of the quote. Once I was happy with the amount of crayon on my quote, I rubbed a bit off with my finger to give it a bit of a distressed look. To adhered my quote to my tag, I ran a piece of Linen Ribbon through and then stapled it with my Tiny Attacher on either side.


The final touches I added to my tag were the Heirloom roses in the bottom right and top right corners and the black ribbon bow at the top of the tag.


Products Used: 
-Ranger/Tim Holtz: Picket Fence Distress Spray Stain, Mermaid Lagoon Distress Spray Stain, Twisted Citron Distress Spray Stain, Adbandoned Coral Distress Spray Stain, Black Soot Distres Spray Stain, Distress Crayons Set #1, Distress Crayons Set #3.
-Ranger/Dina Wakley: White Gesso & Paint Brush
-Tim Holtz/Ideaology: Tissue Wrap - Melange, Heirloom Roses, Quote Bands, Linen Ribbon, Tiny Attacher
-Tim Holtz/Sizzix: Mixed Media & Detailed Butterflies Thinlits

I have entered my tag here:
March Tag - Tim Holtz

Until Next Time!
-Katelyn









No comments:

Post a Comment