Saturday, February 27, 2016

February Remix Tag - "Today is full of Possibilities"

It's time for my February "Tim Tag". I'm excited as I have now completed two months in a row!!
This year for Tim's 12 tags, it's all about remixing past techniques and combining them together with other techniques that he has used over the past years. This month's tag features the Monoprint and Embossed Texture Paste Technique.  
For this month's tag, I decided to use the Gothic, Bricked and Typo stencils to create the base of my tag.


I  love the effect that the monoprint technique gives to the base of the tag.  When I embossed  over top of the texture pasted Typo numbers and alphabet, I used Emerald Creek Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder. I love how they turned out. 


Because I didn't have any photo booth found relatives, I improvised and used one of the relatives out of the Found Relatives set. Once I had chose my relative, I trimmed him down to 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and then rounded the corners. 


To finish my tag, I added the gears to the bottom right hand corner as well as the top left hand corner. I ended up combining the small gears with larger gears together and love how they work so well together. I also added film strip underneath the top and bottom of my relative,  attaching with a staple at either end of each film strip. The last pieces I added to my tag was the ribbon at the top of the tag and adding the saying to the bottom of the tag.


I love how this tag turned out and I can't wait for next month's tag! 
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my second 12 tags of 2016 inspired by Tim Holtz.

Products Used: 
-Ranger/Tim Holtz: Antique Linen Distress Stain, Distress Sprayer, Walnut Stain Distress Ink, Pumice Stone Distress Ink & Gathered Twigs Distress Ink
-Ranger: Texture Paste
-Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous: Gothic, Typo & Bricked Stencils
-Tim Holtz/Ideaology: Film Strip Ribbon, Mini Gears, Sprocket Gears, Linen Ribbon, Small Talk & Stapler
-Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder


Until Next Time!
-Katelyn




2 comments:

  1. I like this one better than the original! So vintage and grungy at the same time! Wonderous use of the background technique and that EC burnt copper leaves is so lusciously yummy! Wowzers and Awesome sauce! Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Niki! I didn't have some of the products he used, so I went in a whole different direction!
      -Katelyn

      Delete